Sunday, August 19, 2012

Peppercorn Steak for #Sunday Supper



Welcome again to another addition of #sundaysupper! This week we are all bringing dishes with wine to the table. I have to admit, I am not a big wine drinker so I was a little in left field when we were given this task. But I had just visited a beautiful winery for a friend's birthday celebration last month out in the Texas Hill Country and had brought back some recommended wines for my mom who IS a big wine drinker. She loved the selection from the Grape Creek Winery so much that I signed her up for their wine club and she is excited to get her first shipment!

Grapes on the vine at Grape Creek Vineyards


Not knowing too much about wine I decided to try something classic and simple. I had a glass of their 2011 Grand Rouge and it was suprisingly sweet and fruity for a red wine. It has great undertones of blackberries and blueberries so I thought it would be the perfect wine to try in my sauce!


If there IS one thing I know a lot about it is steak. Yum. I am pretty sure I could eat steak everyday of my life and die happily (of cardiac arrest probably, but happy none the less!) The creamy sauce made the perfect accompanyment to my delicious ribeye!





Ingredients:
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 1/4 cup thinly diced onions
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1/4 cup red wine (I used Grape Creek's Grand Rouge)
  • 1 cup beef stock
  • 1 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 2 tablespoons black peppercorns roughly chopped
Directions:

Heat oil in pan and add onions and garlic. Cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 mins. Add in the wine and let simmer for about 5 mins before adding in the remaining ingredients. Allow to simmer until sauce begins to thicken, about 10 mins stirring frequently. Pour over a yummy well cooked steak and enjoy!

Please take a moment to check out all of the great recipes from my fellow #sundaysupper bloggers!


We welcome you to grab a glass of wine and join us for this week’s special Sunday Supper Wine Event.  We will be sharing these fabulous recipes along with the perfect wine pairing at 7:00 pm ET.
But the fabulous recipes don’t stop there, there are more amazing recipes to pair with this fabulous wine:
Wine Pairings by  ENOFYLZ

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like your family had a delicious steak dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sauce does sound perfect with steak, now you have made me want steak. Not sure my sausages that are on the grill right now are going to taste as good now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to need this steak in my life. It looks amazing! What a beautiful photo of the grapes on the vine. Happy #SundaySupper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel that beef and red wine are meant for eachother. Great pairing with the addition of the peppercorn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely ! Love the picture of the grapes and the peppercorns & the steak looks yummy :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF