Sunday, July 15, 2012

Icebox Chocolate Pie for #SundaySupper


Welcome again to #SundaySupper! I am really enjoying my time with these amazing bloggers. It is such a great opportunity to get the word out on how important it really is to take the time to sit down with your family and share a meal. We are blessed to eat dinner together every night of the week (unless of course the rare date night occurs!). Of course, my kids are only 5, 2, and 3 months so they have no real social live of their own yet. I am hoping that by starting them out young turning off the tv and sitting down to share stories of our day together that they will still want to do the same when they are teens. Haha - here's to hoping!

This weeks theme is "Beat the Heat" and I know ALL to well here in central Texas that the heat can certainly be a challenge. With temps commonly being in the 100s for 3 straight months I DO NOT want to be in the kitchen all day with the oven on! I would be happy have 3 meals a day of ice cream but my thighs and my children's dentist would disagree.

This is a recipe for an old family favorite that used to only get busted out at holidays. I don't understand that mentality as an adult. If it' something you love you should make it more often - especially when it is so super easy!







Ingredients:
  • 1 graham cracker pie crust
  • 1 cup butter
  • 1 1/2 cup sugar
  • 3 squares melted unsweetened chocolate 
  • 2 teaspoon vanilla
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 tub of whipped cream 
Directions:

In mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Blend in melted chocolate and vanilla. Add eggs 2 at a tome beating 3-5 mins each. Pour into pie crust. Allow to freeze for 2 hours. Top with whipped cream and chocolate shavings. Place in freezer another 2 hours or until ready to serve.

Our Ratings:


Mama F: 10 - Nice and cool for the summer and requires NO cooking! Brings back great childhood memories for me!

Daddy F: 8 - It was really good but REALLY rich. I could only eat half the lice I was given. 

Fuller Kids: 7 - Not surprisingly Big E was not a fan with her disgust over chocolate. Little E however could not get enough! 

Lucky the Dog: 2 - Chocolate not good for Lucky the Dog. Sneaked a lick of whipped topping. Was good. Want more.





Check out this week's other "Beat the Heat" #Sunday Supper participants!



#BeatTheHeat Appetizers:
#BeatTheHeat Salads, Soups, & Sides:
#BeatTheHeat Main Dishes:
#BeatTheHeat Desserts:
#BeatTheHeat Drinks & Cocktails:
Wine Pairings Provided By: ENOFYLZ

16 comments:

  1. Perfect for beating this Texas heat! Thanks for participating in this week's #SundaySupper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm....chocolate! Nice pie for summer. Great for no-bake!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun recipe! My kids are going to love this one! Thank you so much for sharing during #SundaySupper. I love that you are part of our group!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous pie! Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can definitely use a slice of this right about now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My grandmother was famous for her chocolate pie and this sounds a lot like her recipe. She topped hers with meringue, but whipped cream sounds a lot easier!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rich or not, I'll take a BIG slice!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is easy enough to make all year! Absolutely delicious chocolate pie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This icebox chocolate pie is such a treat! Thanks for sharing your Sunday Supper!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfectly timed, as my little dude has been asking for pie all weekend. :)

    Jamie @ www.mamamommymom.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely ! Looks fab too ! Easy treat to make with kids :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks great and I mean really chocolate pie. How could you go wrong? I will have to try it soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely. I adore the photos of the fam whipping it up. Great Sunday Supper post.

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF