Thursday, July 5, 2012

Crockpot Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sliders


It is hot here in Texas in the summer. I find myself wanting to do nothing but wade in the pool and keep my fingers crossed that the temp may dip below 100. And today it is REALLY humid too. And although I may like my food spicy and hot, my kitchen, not so much! Grill and crockpot cooking are essential this time of year for keeping a comfortable home. This is a spin on a classic recipe in our house. The recipe creates a mild heat on the chicken. You can take out some chicken after adding the ranch before the hot sauce for small children or slop on some extra hot sauce on your sliders like Daddy F and I like to do!





Ingredients:
  • 2 large chicken breasts
  • 'chicken stock to cover (about 2 cups)
  • 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
  • 1 cup of ranch dressing
  • 3 Tablespoons buffalo sauce (we used Franks)
  • 2 packages King's Hawaiian sub rolls 
  •  lettuce and tomato for dressing sliders
Place chicken in crock pot and add enough chicken stock to cover. Add in peppercorns and cook on high for 4 hours. Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and shred. Discard remaining stock in crockpot. Place shredded chicken back in crock and add in ranch and buffalo sauce. Let cook another 30 mins on low. Meanwhile, butter the tops of the rolls and place them butter side up on a cookie sheet. Broil in oven until toasted. To assemble sliders, cut each sub in half and top with chicken, tomato, and lettuce. Yum!


Mama F: 9 - Really moist and the spice just gives a little kick in your mouth. 

Daddy F: 10 - These would make a great party treat and their small size helps me from overeating.


 

Fuller Kids: 10 - They really loved their "chicken ranch" sliders as we omitted their buffalo sauce. My 5 year old ate 4 of them!




Lucky the Dog: 7 - Chicken good. Ranch yummy. Buffalo sauce make unwanted bodily noises in my sleep.

1 comment:

  1. These look delicious and they would be a hit in my kitchen!

    Are you tired of our Texas heat yet like I am? LOL!

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF