Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Smore Cookies

 I really want a fire pit. We are in the process of looking for our first home to buy (yay us!) and that is like number 6 on my list of things that need to be done once we get in somewhere.  I just have these visions of having all our friends over for a BBQ and lighting the pit and then sitting around making smores till the wee hours of the morning.



Someone had pinned these really cute smores cookies on Pintrest and they peaked my fire pit interest. So, I decided that I too needed to try my hand at making this yummy, classic snack.  Unfortunately whoever pinned them just posed a picture so I can't give credit to who ever had the original idea. :( But thank you who ever you are, for giving me more chocolate cookie goodness in my life.



Ingredients:
  • 3/4 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 2 1/4 cups flour
  • 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup mini marshmallows
  • Hershey’s bars, broken into pieces
  • 1-2 packages graham crackers, broken into squares

Directions:
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line baking pans foil.

Lay out graham crackers side by side on the pan. 
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, sea salt and cinnamon to combine. Set aside.
In another bowl using an electric mixer, cream butter with sugars. Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixer and combine. Fold in the chocolate chips and marshmallows. Place spoonfulls of dough on graham crackers about 1 inch apart. Press down slightly with fingertips.

Bake for 5 minutes then remove from oven to press Hershey’s bar pieces on to the top. Continue baking for 5 more minutes or until dough is beginning to turn golden brown at the edges. Remove to a wire rack to cool. Cut squares once cookies are completely cool.

Our Ratings:



Mama F: 9 - These were so yummy and totally reminded me of being a girl scout and going camping.





Daddy F: 9 1/2 - He thought it would have been better without the graham cracker. Uh.....that's what makes it a smore Daddy. Duh.




Fuller Kids: 5 - I can only give it a 5 cause my 18 month old devoured it. My 4 year old hates chocolate and refused to eat it. She helped me make them and while we were stirring in the chips she actually said "disgusting" under her breath. I think she is an alien.



Lucky the Dog: 8 - She really enjoyed her chocolate free cookie that I made for her. Chocolate + Doggie = $$$ vet bill. :)

1 comment:

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF