Saturday, January 28, 2012

Saving Our Serenity (S.O.S.) Saturdays - Bath Salts

Im sorry. I can't help it. I am so officially obsessed with Pintrest that I have a million fun little craft projects that I want to do and share. As much as I love my family sometimes I just need a little escape and completing small (or sometimes large) projects just helps me get my moments of silent relief. I am also super lucky to live about a mile away from my best friend from childhood so we like to get together and inspire each others creative sides.

Pin It


With my stressful last couple of days and her in the midst of a major career change, we thought it appropriate to make our first project some relaxing bath salts. They seemed easy enough and well, we could use an easy start! We made 3 different recipes and bottled them all up in jars and as gifts for friends. It was really fun and they smell AMAZING!! I can't wait to try them in my bath and the little apocathary jars add a nice decorating touch to the bathroom too!


These are the scents we made:

Lavender Camomile

  • 1 cup Epsom Salts
  • 1 cup dead sea salts
  • 1 cup sea salts
  • 12 drops lavender essential oil
  • 8 drops camomile essential oil 
  • 1/4 cup dried lavender 

Minty Eucalyptus 

  • 1 cup Epsom Salts
  • 2 cups sea salts
  • 4 drops Eucalyptus essential oil
  • 8 drops peppermint essential oil
  • 8 drops spearemint essential oil
  • 1/4 cup dried peppermint leaves 

Cedarwood Jasmine

  • 1 cup Epsom Salts
  • 2 cups sea salts
  • 12 drops Jasmine Essential oil
  • 8 drops cedarwood essential oil
  • 1/4 cup dried sage leaves 
These recipes filled our 500ml jars. The last one was my favorite!! It was a random mixture but it smells like a walk in a flowery woods! Have fun making yours!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF