Thursday, January 5, 2012

Parmesean Crusted Chicken

My husband thinks I have too many pet peeves. I think this is not true. I only have a two real pet peeves, he just seems to like to "accidentally" do them everyday so that they grate on me.




For instance, my number one hated pet peeve is being late. I HATE being late. Growing up my family was kept on a strict schedule for pretty much everything we did. Vacations? No unscheduled stops to see "the biggest collection of snakes west of the Mississippi".  Dinner? Was always on the table at 6pm.  And if we said we were gonna be there at 10am, we were there at 9:45 sharp. My husband's family (bless their little hearts) are NEVER on time. I am beginning to wonder if they even know what a clock is.  This has caused my husband to unintentionally be late for everything he does and I don't even think he notices. And then when we have dinner with my family and they ask us to be there by 5:30 you bet they are calling at 5:25 asking if we are almost there. No, Mom, we won't be there till 6. DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!

I also hate just sitting around and waiting on other people to hurry up when I feel like I am on a schedule. Which really just ties into the first peeve about being late. Ugh.



My next peeve is that I really hate wrinkled laundry. It makes my blood boil. My husband likes to think he is helping out around the house by throwing in the laundry and then when it is done, he throws it into a laundry basket to be forgotten until a particular item of clothing is being searched out. And no, he doesn't use an iron, he "doesn't know how". So then when I am looking for something for me or the kids to wear I have to search for said laundry basket, dig out a ball of wrinkles, and try and fix the issue before we can leave the house. Which takes us back to peeve number one. Is it really that hard to hang up some clothes!! I was raised that you should take pride in your appearance and if you just walk around in wrinkles what does that say about your self worth? I know, it seems petty but I am at the point when I see him with clothes in his hands I want to shout "put the laundry down!! Don't you start that load  unless you are gonna finish it or I will beat you with a mallet!!"

Ah, but I love Daddy F for a million more reasons that his laundry and time keeping inefficiencies. So instead, on days when I am feeling up to here (I am touching my forehead) I choose to use the mallet on some undeserving chicken.


  • 3 eggs, whisked
  • 1 cup dry bread crumbs
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
  • 2 teaspoons thyme
  • 2 teaspoons basil
  • 2 teaspoons oregano
  • 2 teaspoons garlic powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon pepper
  • 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves

Preheat oven to 375F.

Pound chicken breasts into a thin layer with mallet. 
    Place eggs in a bowl and whisk until well blended.

    In a separate bowl, combine bread crumbs, cheese, thyme, basil, oregano, garlic powder, and pepper. Mix well.

    Take chicken breasts and dip in egg mixture fully coating. Then place in breadcrumb mixture and fully cover. Repeat.

    Place coated chicken onto a foil lined, well greased baking pan.

    Bake in oven for 25-30 mins until chicken turns a golden brown and is no longer pink inside.

    Our Ratings:


    Mama F: 10 - I love a good old fashioned home cooked meal. This has just the perfect amount of Parmesan to give it something a little extra over the traditional chicken fried chicken.




    Daddy F: 6 - According to Daddy there was not enough Parmesan and he feels there should be no bread crumbs at all and only the cheese.  Bring on the mallet.





    Fuller Kids: 10- Cleaned the plate and then asked for seconds! I am thinking I will make it again for them but in smaller nugget form so that they don't have to ask me to cut it up for them. Bite sized = instant winner!




    Lucky the Dog: 10 - Lucky was more than happy to scarf down the extra bits of chicken that weren't consumed by the rest of the family. 2 paws up!!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We love to hear what you have to say! Please leave us a comment below!

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
    Print Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDFPrint Friendly and PDF